Sunday, April 29, 2012

Are You Allowing God To Be Your Defense?

Don't spend time worrying about what  others are doing to you.   Don't spend time worrying about what they say against you.   Talk to God about it.    In Psalms 35 David talked to God.   He asked God to fight for him.   
Psalm 35:1-4 (Amplified)
CONTEND, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me!
    2Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for my help!
    3Draw out also the spear and javelin and close up the way of those who pursue and persecute me. Say to me, I am your deliverance!
    4Let them be put to shame and dishonor who seek and require my life; let them be turned back and confounded who plan my hurt!
How often do we try to fight for ourselves and defend ourselves?    That is not what God wants us to do.   He wants us to trust Him.   To come to Him.   To invite Him in and to step back and allow Him to move in our situations.   So stop trying to do it on your own.  Stop trying to figure it out on your own.  Stop trying to live this life on your own.    You are God's child.   You are covered by Him and  He is your shield and buckler.    Learn how to come into His presence and rest.   While you are resting .... He will fight your battle.   Amen.....


Worship For Today ....
"He's Already Provided"
Ministered By Alvin Slaughter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!

What Do You Do When You Are Not Sure What To Do?

In the midst of all the trials that come with life, what do you do when you don’t know what to do?   Do you quit?   Do you give in?   Do you...