Friday, April 12, 2013

Are You Trusting God Even When It Hurts and You Are Disappointed?

Are you trusting God through it all?   Six  years ago today I was sitting in a hospital room with my mom.   It was the day the we  unhooked her from life support.    I remember the nurses telling me that I could stay in the room because they figured she wouldn't breathe long once they unhooked her from life support.     But she did.  I remember sitting the next day in the room with her and telling God, please Lord don't let her die today because it is my birthday and she breathed on.    It was at that time that God ministered to me.   He told me that no man can determine when she came in to the earth or when she would leave.   This had to be the hardest point in my life.    But God was there.   He walked me through it and He talked me through it.    He allowed me to see His power and His presence through it all.    

There was one point while she was in the hospital where she coded and they couldn't bring her back.  God allowed me to pray and immediately she came back.    It wasn't until I prayed and I told God thank you for allowing my mother to enter into His rest that her spirit left her body.   It was at the exact point of my "amen" to the prayer that her eyes opened and she was gone.    So understand today .... God is with you through it all.    No matter how hard the situation or how deep the loss ... God is there.   Trust Him.  Believe Him and hold on to your faith in Him to help you understand the process of life.      This includes those things that hurt you or disappoint you.   Those things that cause you to cry and to hurt.    You have to still trust God's plan.   Amen.      

Worship For Today ...
"Hold On To Jesus"
Ministered By Steven Curtis Chapman 

No comments:

What Do You Do When You Are Not Sure What To Do?

In the midst of all the trials that come with life, what do you do when you don’t know what to do?   Do you quit?   Do you give in?   Do you...