Thursday, November 17, 2016

Are You Allowing Your Disappointment In People To Cause You To Become Discontent?

Not everyone is going to understand.   Not everyone is going to understand why you believe the way you believe, trust the way you trust, say what you say, and do what you do.    But you have to understand that it is okay.

You can't keep living your life based on what others think about you or how they support you.   To support means to bear all or part of the weight of something.    You have to remember that God is your support.   He has already told you to cast your care on Him because He cares for you.    He has told you to lean not to your own understanding.   He has said to lay aside every weight and sin that so easily besets us.    These are His words from His Word and you have to trust and believe that He is your support system.  

It is easy to get caught up and emotional about what others are not doing that you feel that they should be doing.   It is easy to become discouraged and discontent.   When you are discontent, you have bad feelings and resentment.    Don't allow discontentment to settle in based on your expectations from people.   God is your burden bearer and you should let your expectation be from God alone.  Expect Him to honor His Word in your life.  

SCRIPTURE MEDITATION 1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am at a really low point in my life and I feel that everyone has abandoned me. My family, friends and even God. I can't escape.

Anonymous said...

Reach out to Him. He knows what you are feeling. He is comfort. I've said a small prayer for you. Sometimes when I am feeling low, I get a blanket and go sit outside. I talk to God, then I just go silent, and gaze at my surroundings. It makes me feel like I am a small part of something big. You too are a part of something big. God loves you.

What Do You Do When You Are Not Sure What To Do?

In the midst of all the trials that come with life, what do you do when you don’t know what to do?   Do you quit?   Do you give in?   Do you...