Monday, January 11, 2016

Are You Recognizing The Source Behind The Fear and Doubt You Are Experiencing In Your Life?

Over and over again God encourages us through His Word to fear not.   In Joshua 9, He told us to be strong and of a good courage and to not be afraid.   In Isaiah 41, He said to fear not because He is with us.   In I John 4, He reminds us that greater is HE that is in us than he that is in the world.    God does not want us to walk around in fear.   He wants us to be strong and of a good courage.   He wants us to have faith in the fact that the Holy Spirit resides on the inside of us.   He wants to know without doubt that He is with us.    So don’t be afraid.  

We have to recognize the source of doubt and fear in our lives.   Neither doubt nor fear come from God.   From the beginning the whole tactic of the enemy in the Garden of Eden was to bring Adam and Even into a place of doubt.    The enemy came to Eve with a question.   He questioned what God had said.   There are many purposes to questions.  Questions can test your knowledge but they also can raise an element of doubt.     Questions should push you into a place of not only checking the information you know but also the source of the information you know.  

So when questions come your way that cause you to doubt, you need to check what is happening in your life against what God has said.   If there is lack in your life and you check and see that God said that He knows the things you have need of and is faithful and just to supply what you need, let that be your final answer to what you are going through.     Let God be your final source and let what He has said stand.  

SCRIPTURE MEDITATIONJoshua 1:9 - Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest. 
Isaiah 41:10 - Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 
Psalms 34:4 - I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
1 John 4:4 - Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

WORSHIP FOR TODAY ... 
"Whom Shall I Fear"
Ministered By Chris Tomlin
REFERENCE / CITATION:   Whom Shall I Fear [God of Angel Armies] [Lyrics]. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOkImV2cJDg



No comments:

What Do You Do When You Are Not Sure What To Do?

In the midst of all the trials that come with life, what do you do when you don’t know what to do?   Do you quit?   Do you give in?   Do you...