Saturday, February 19, 2011

Waiting On God

I think one of the hardest things we have to learn how to do is learning how to "wait on God". We have gotten so used to a fast paced society where we want everything fast. And unfortunately, if it doesn't come as fast as we want it, we think it's not going to happen .. we tend to lose hope and then we give up.  

We need to learn that when we wait, we are saying that "we trust that its going to happen".   We wait for parking spots, we wait in drive thru lines, we wait for things to go on sale .... but for some reason we have a hard time waiting for God to move in the big situations in our lives.   What does that say about us?

It is important that we understand that God knows our hurt, our pain, our disappointment and our needs.   We need to understand that just as we are waiting on God to move in our lives, He is waiting on us to fully trust Him in our situations.  He is waiting to see our "faith".


Faith says....I am "confident" in the "trustworthiness" of God.   In other words, I know God can be trusted with my situation.   It says I don't have to be afraid or even wonder if it's going to be taken care of.   Faith says that there is "no question" and "no doubt" in my heart.   It says that the one in whom I believe is incapable of letting me down.   Faith says that I am taking a stand with God and there is nothing that can move me from that place. 

So the question for today is....
Who is really waiting?  Are you waiting on God or is God waiting on you? 

I read this book years ago.  It is a series of prayers and meditations on waiting on God.   It talks about why we wait, what we wait for, and the blessing that comes in waiting.  

No comments:

What Do You Do When You Are Not Sure What To Do?

In the midst of all the trials that come with life, what do you do when you don’t know what to do?   Do you quit?   Do you give in?   Do you...