Friday, March 11, 2011

How Committed Are You?

So how committed are you? God wants us to be  committed.   Committed to Him, our family, our ministry, our job and the list goes on.   I thought it was interesting that one definition for commitment is "consignment".   To give over to the care of another.   To entrust.   To set apart for special use or purpose.   To submit and consent.   

Is commitment revocable?  Meaning, can you just take back your commitment? Or should I say renege on your commitment?

Jesus was the most committed person that ever walked the earth.  He was committed to the point of death.   What if He had reneged on us? Where would we be if He had of said, I no longer want to do this?   If He would have said, these people don't care about anyone or anything....so I am changing my mind.    Where would we be?

What determines your level of commitment?  Commitment can not be based on what is happening in the natural.  What we see and what we think.  It has to be based on the "Word" of God.   It requires having your total trust in Him and what He has called you to do.   Whether it be marriage, work, ministry, or your relationship with Him?

What if Moses had of revoked on his commitment?  Or Joshua....or David?   In the midst of war and calamity, they stayed on the path of pursuit because they knew ultimately that their commitment was not to those they served but to God.    Commitment requires faith.  A total trust in God's ability to save, set free, and deliver.   I say that it requires faith because there will be times when it won't look like you are doing the right thing.  When it won't look like you are going to be delivered.   When it won't look like your marriage is going to work or healing is going to manifest.   But do you change directions based on how it looks or what God has told you to do?  Do you devise your own plan like Abraham and Sara did instead of waiting on what God has already promised?   God told them that they would have a child....but instead of waiting on what God had said, they tried it their own way.    Commitment says, I believe what you said God and I will do it your way.  

Always remember that when you say you are committed, your commitment should not be to someone else or something else. It should always be rooted in love because God is love.    Love enables you to stand under the pressure of any situation or circumstance.    It enables you to stand and to wait on the salvation of the Lord. 

Worship for today...."Lord I'm Available To You".....
Be Available Today.   It says my will I give to you, I will do what you say do.....use me Lord to show someone the way and enable me to say......my storage is empty and I am available to you.


No comments:

What Do You Do When You Are Not Sure What To Do?

In the midst of all the trials that come with life, what do you do when you don’t know what to do?   Do you quit?   Do you give in?   Do you...