Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Time To Take Off The Disguise and Come Boldly To The Throne Of Grace.....

2nd Post Today....

What is it that you are hiding under?   Are you hiding under your problems, under your situations, under your circumstances?   Better yet......why are you hiding?   Why would you try to hide from the one who sees all, knows all, and is able to fix it all?

We are like Adam and Eve.   We try to hide.   We try to run.   But how can you outrun the One in whom you exist?   You "are" in God.   You exist in Him.   The whole world exists in Him.   There is no where you can go to get outside of Him.   He has said in His word that wherever you are......He "is".   Even if you make your bed in hell.....He is there.

So why not take off the cloak?   Why not take off the disguise?   Why try to be what you are not?   Why try to exist where you do not belong?    

We live our lives trying to please people by whatever means necessary and all God wants is for us to live our lives to please Him.   To serve Him.   He has told us to come boldly to the throne of grace to receive His mercy.   When you come boldly......you come without a disguise.   You come just as you are.   You come unveiled.....revealed.    There is no need for pretense or pretending because He already knows everything about you.  

So move forward today......

Move from the place where your desire is to please people.   Move into the place where your "soul" desire ..... the desire of your mind, will, and emotions is to please God and God alone.    He accepts you totally as you are.....and wants you to be free from the desire to please man.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The freeing part for me is that even though GOD knows all about me, my weakness etc. HE chooses to LOVE me anyway!!! I remember years ago when I realized that GOD knew everything about me and what I did, I just laughed and laughed. The very idea that I thought that I could keep something from the All-knowing, All-powerful, All-seeing, and Everlasting GOD!!! I remember saying, "GOD you know it anyway so why should I try and hide it? I may as well fess up and ask for forgiveness." HE accepts and loves me just the way I am!!!

R. Lynn Moore said...

To be free.....knowing that you can't hide from the one who really matters. In the end ..... it's not what others think of you....it's all about God.

What Do You Do When You Are Not Sure What To Do?

In the midst of all the trials that come with life, what do you do when you don’t know what to do?   Do you quit?   Do you give in?   Do you...